Description - Sex Offender Treatment by Edmond J Coleman
Sex Offender Treatment: Biological Dysfunction, Intrapsychic Conflict, Interpersonal Violence assists sex therapists, counselors, psychiatrists, and psychologists working in sex offender treatment in providing more effective services. You'll gain timely knowledge of sex offending behavior and treatment approaches that will stimulate your thinking and help you improve your research and treatment methodologies. From Sex Offender Treatment, you'll acquire valuable insight and a cross-cultural viewpoint as you explore chapters written by international scholars who have set the standards of care for sex offender treatment. Contributors aim to improve the effectiveness of sex offender treatment throughout the world by challenging you to conduct more research that will provide a better understanding of sex offenders and improve treatment approaches. Authors presented their contributions at the Third International Congress on the Treatment of Sex Offenders held in Minneapolis, Minnesota. The book begins with a Standards of Care for the Treatment of Sex Offenders. This guides you in increasing the effectiveness of the treatment you provide to sex offenders. The Standards of Care helps you analyze new data and gain a basis for successful sex offender treatment. Following chapters probe into the nature of interpersonal violence and aggression and a further understanding of pedophilia and exhibitionism. You will begin to more thoroughly understand sex offending behavior as you read about:
- motives contributing to sexual aggression and the confluence model of sexual aggression
- the background and clinical characteristics of paraphilic individuals and sex offenders
- a case study of sex offenders, victims, and their families
- the "abuse to abuser hypothesis" in regard to pedaphilia
- assessment, psychosexual profiling, and treatment of exhibitionist behavior
- the treatment of sex offenders with mental retardation
- the relationship between sex offender treatment success and learning difficulties
- incest offender perceptions of treatment as used to generate an explanatory theory of the sexual abuse treatment process.Chapters in Sex Offender Treatment emphasize the importance of good assessment techniques, issues affecting victims and families of sex offenders, why treatment does not work for some sex offenders, medical problems associated with sex offenders, and working with special populations of sex offenders. Counselors, researchers, educators, sex offender treatment personnel, forensic psychologists and psychiatrists, and sex therapists will find Sex Offender Treatment crucial for gaining insight into sex offenders'motives and behaviors. You can then use these perspectives to more effectively interact with sex offenders and to more accurately analyze sex offending behavior.
Buy Sex Offender Treatment by Edmond J Coleman from Australia's Online Independent Bookstore, Boomerang Books.
(216mm x 156mm x mm)
Routledge Member of the Taylor and Francis Group
Publisher: Taylor & Francis Inc
Country of Publication:
Other Editions - Sex Offender Treatment by Edmond J Coleman
Book Reviews - Sex Offender Treatment by Edmond J Coleman
» Have you read this book? We'd like to know what you think about it - write a review about Sex Offender Treatment book by Edmond J Coleman and you'll earn 50c in Boomerang Bucks loyalty dollars (you must be a Boomerang Books Account Holder - it's free to sign up and there are great benefits!)
A Preview for this title is currently not available.