* The sexual implications of the transition from hunting and gathering economies to agricultural economies;
* Sexuality in classical societies;
* The postclassical period and the spread of the world religions;
* Sex in an age of trade and colonies;
* Changes in sexual behaviors and sexual attitudes between 1750 and 1950;
* Sex in contemporary world history.
This new edition examines these issues on a global scale, with attention to anthropological insights on sexuality and their relationship to history, the dynamics between sexuality and imperialism, sexuality in industrial society, and trends and conflicts surrounding views of sex and sexuality in the contemporary world.
Buy Sexuality in World History by Peter N. Stearns from Australia's Online Independent Bookstore, Boomerang Books.
Book DetailsISBN: 9781138241732
» Have you read this book? We'd like to know what you think about it - write a review about Sexuality in World History book by Peter N. Stearns and you'll earn 50c in Boomerang Bucks loyalty dollars (you must be a Boomerang Books Account Holder - it's free to sign up and there are great benefits!)
Peter N. Stearns is University Professor of History at George Mason University. He is the author of Globalization in World History (2nd edition 2015), Childhood in World History (3rd edition 2015), Gender in World History (3rd edition 2015), Peace in World History (2014), and Human Rights in World History (2012), all in this series. Other books include A History of Shame (forthcoming), Guiding the American University: Challenges and Choices (2015), and Satisfaction Not Guaranteed: Dilemmas of Progress in Modern Society (2012).
© 2003-2019. All Rights Reserved. Eclipse Commerce Pty Ltd - ACN: 122 110 687 - ABN: 49 122 110 687