Description - Sketching Women: Learn to Draw Lifelike Female Figures, A Complete Course for Beginners - over 600 illustrations by Studio Atelier 21
In Sketching Women, three professional studio artists (Kozo Ueda, PhD, Takahiro Okada, PhD and Minoru Hirota, PhD) join forces to show you how to sketch the female figure through 55 step-by-step drawing lessons. Each instructor will walk you through their philosophy for croquis sketching. Croquis sketches are quickly-rendered drawings that capture the essentials of a subject's form and pose with relatively few expressive lines.
There are four levels of sketching described in the book:
- 1-minute croquis: very rapid gesture drawings that capture only the artist's impressions of the form, and where the pencil stays in contact with the paper for practically the entire session
- 2-minute croquis: another quick sketch, but with more attention paid to the character and rhythm of the lines and how they help to express the essence of the form
- 5-minute croquis: a more finished drawing where added tonal variations suggest volume and anatomical details
- 10-minute croquis: more of a finished drawing than true croquis, the longer session allows the luxury of adding fine details such as the facial expression, the character of the hands and clothing texture
Learn to sketch the following:
You'll quickly hone your sketching skills with this life-drawing classroom-in-a-book. The expert advice and observations, dozens of poses to study, as well as easy-to-understand notes and tips make it easy to understand how the skeleton, muscles and posture all come together to express the uniquely female form.
- Individual body parts (including faces) and their bone structure and muscles
- Standing and sitting poses
- Nudes and clothed figures
- Light and dark tonal variations
- Dynamic poses
- Color drawings
Buy Sketching Women: Learn to Draw Lifelike Female Figures, A Complete Course for Beginners - over 600 illustrations by Studio Atelier 21 from Australia's Online Independent Bookstore, Boomerang Books.
Format: Paperback / softback
(279mm x 216mm x mm)
Publisher: Tuttle Publishing
Country of Publication:
Book Reviews - Sketching Women: Learn to Draw Lifelike Female Figures, A Complete Course for Beginners - over 600 illustrations by Studio Atelier 21
» Have you read this book? We'd like to know what you think about it - write a review about Sketching Women: Learn to Draw Lifelike Female Figures, A Complete Course for Beginners - over 600 illustrations book by Studio Atelier 21 and you'll earn 50c in Boomerang Bucks loyalty dollars (you must be a Boomerang Books Account Holder - it's free to sign up and there are great benefits!)
A Preview for this title is currently not available.