Description - The Sociology of Health and Illness by Peter F. Conrad
Now with SAGE Publishing!
The Tenth Edition of The Sociology of Health and Illness: Critical Perspectives addresses the crucial issues in this field with over 45 readings (1/3 of which are new to this edition) from the scholarly literature on health and medicine, thus providing students with the most balanced and comprehensive analysis of health care today. This best-selling anthology includes both micro-level and structural perspectives, frameworks for understanding these critical issues, and a breadth of material that allows instructors to mix and match materials to meet their course needs.
New to this Edition
- 17 readings are new to this edition.
- All introductions by the editors have been updated to reflect new readings and the latest data.
- The sections on Financing Medical Care and Health Care Reform have been merged to reflect the current debate about health policy taking place largely within the context of financing.
- The section previously called Comparative Health Policies is now called Global Issues, with an expanded scope that includes health inequalities between countries, the globalization of ADHD, and the international migration of health care workers.
- New material on the dilemmas of medical technology provides both a conceptual framework for understanding the key issues as well as a case study about genetic counseling to help students apply those concepts directly.
- New readings on illness, medicine, and the internet offer increasingly relevant information on how individuals address health and illness in their increasingly technology-dominated lives.
- A new section on globalization helps students understand the impact of factors such as the international pharmaceutical industry, international migration, and the role of the internet.
Buy The Sociology of Health and Illness by Peter F. Conrad from Australia's Online Independent Bookstore, Boomerang Books.
Format: Paperback / softback
(231mm x 187mm x mm)
SAGE Publications Inc
Publisher: SAGE Publications Inc
Country of Publication:
Book Reviews - The Sociology of Health and Illness by Peter F. Conrad
» Have you read this book? We'd like to know what you think about it - write a review about Sociology of Health and Illness book by Peter F. Conrad and you'll earn 50c in Boomerang Bucks loyalty dollars (you must be a Boomerang Books Account Holder - it's free to sign up and there are great benefits!)
A Preview for this title is currently not available.