Description - Sustainable Beauty: Practical advice and projects for an eco-conscious beauty routine by Justine Jenkins
Sustainable Beauty is an inspirational and practical guide to living a more eco-conscious lifestyle and maintaining a low-waste beauty routine. Vegan, cruelty-free, 'clean', organic, non-GM, zero-waste, not to mention palm oil, silicones and micro-plastics - where do you start when it comes to creating a sustainable beauty routine? There are thousands of products claiming to be better for the environment and your skin, but they also come with a hefty price tag. So what can we actually do to make a difference? This book provides the small steps everyone can take to make a big difference at home. Justine Jenkins, an holistic and sustainable make-up artist & consultant, guides you through - breaking down the issues and explaining how we can mitigate them at home. With easy tutorials to follow - from simplifying your beauty routine and product label literacy through to recipes for DIY hydrating serums and superfood face masks - Jenkins shows you how small changes in habit can result in a more sustainable beauty routine that doesn't break the bank.
Did you know that...
- More than 120 billion units of packaging are produced in the global cosmetics industry annually.
- If refillable containers were used for cosmetics, as much as 70% of carbon emissions associated with the beauty industry could be eliminated.
- An estimated 70% of beauty products contain a palm oil derivative, the production of which is believed to be responsible for 8% of the world's deforestation between 1990 and 2008.
With this book you can...
- Take your first steps in creating an eco-smart dresser: learn how to read a label, and find out what natural ingredients you'll need to make your own recipes such as making your own soap and deodorant
- Make essential, nature-based cosmetics: minimize your make-up drawer and master both the application and creation of your new go-to beauty products, from multipurpose lip balms to colour mixing
- Simplify your skincare and body routines: from cleansing and toning to boosting your tan, discover your body's needs from head to toe and the secret to beautiful skin, body, hands and nails
- Get luxurious hair with low-waste practices: from hair masks to natural dyes, remedying, maintaining and styling shiny, healthy hair has never been easier with Jenkins savvy recipes, hacks and tutorials
Other titles in the Sustainable Living series include: Sustainable Home, Sustainable Travel, Sustainable Gardening.
Buy Sustainable Beauty: Practical advice and projects for an eco-conscious beauty routine by Justine Jenkins from Australia's Online Independent Bookstore, Boomerang Books.
(230mm x 170mm x mm)
White Lion Publishing
Publisher: White Lion Publishing
Country of Publication:
Book Reviews - Sustainable Beauty: Practical advice and projects for an eco-conscious beauty routine by Justine Jenkins
» Have you read this book? We'd like to know what you think about it - write a review about Sustainable Beauty: Practical advice and projects for an eco-conscious beauty routine book by Justine Jenkins and you'll earn 50c in Boomerang Bucks loyalty dollars (you must be a Boomerang Books Account Holder - it's free to sign up and there are great benefits!)
A Preview for this title is currently not available.