1300 36 33 32
Caregivers hold the key to the health, well-being, and happiness of their aging relatives, partners, or friends. The Caregiver's Encyclopedia provides you with all of the information you need to take the best care of your loved one-from making major medical decisions to making sure you don't burn out.
Written by Muriel R. Gillick, MD, a geriatrician with more than 30 years' experience caring for older people, this book highlights the importance of understanding your friend's or family member's overall health. With compassion and expertise, this book will help you "think like a doctor." The content
* helps you navigate the health-care system
* shares important information about treating basic geriatric syndromes, including delirium, dementia, and falls
* teaches you about preventive care options
* enables you to manage medical decisions related to both acute and chronic conditions
* discusses what Medicare covers-and what it doesn't
* guides you through different approaches to care
* weighs the risks and benefits of hospital vs. home, nursing home, or hospice care
* provides a detailed list of medical supplies that you might want to keep on hand
* offers you additional resources and emotional support
Throughout, Gillick provides helpful information and concrete concepts that caregivers can put into practice today. Authoritative, comprehensive, holistic, and highly illustrated, The Caregiver's Encyclopedia will help you figure out how to be the best caregiver you can be.
Buy The Caregiver's Encyclopedia: A Compassionate Guide to Caring for Older Adults by Muriel R. Gillick from Australia's Online Independent Bookstore, Boomerang Books.
Book DetailsISBN: 9781421433585
» Have you read this book? We'd like to know what you think about it - write a review about The Caregiver's Encyclopedia: A Compassionate Guide to Caring for Older Adults book by Muriel R. Gillick and you'll earn 50c in Boomerang Bucks loyalty dollars (you must be a Boomerang Books Account Holder - it's free to sign up and there are great benefits!)
© 2003-2020. All Rights Reserved. Eclipse Commerce Pty Ltd - ACN: 122 110 687 - ABN: 49 122 110 687