Description - Urban Regeneration in the UK by Dr. Phil Jones
"A thorough update of what was already an excellently written, accessible and well-used book. Coverage of the key issues to impact on regeneration in the UK since the 2008 financial crisis is comprehensive, and ensures that this latest edition will remain a key reference work for students and practitioners alike."
- Dr David Jarvis, Coventry University and Deputy Director, Applied Research Centre in Sustainable Regeneration (SURGE)
"An accessible text for students that provides an excellent summary of the challenges facing the UK regeneration sector up to and including the present age of austerity."
- Dr Lee Pugalis School of Built Environment, Northumbria University
An engaging, systematic guide to the most dramatic transformation of our urban landscape since post-war reconstruction. This new edition has been fully revised to include:
Jones and Evans draw together a mass of information around key themes in governance, sustainability, competition and design - from policy reports to academic studies - into a single coherent text, making this essential reading for anyone studying or working in the field of urban regeneration and planning.
- Improved pedagogical features, including an expanded glossary and increased visuals, as well as key learning points, useful websites and suggestions for further reading
- More content on local sustainability and issues linked to climate change
- A new chapter, 'Scaling Up', which examines how regeneration operates when considering very large schemes, such as the London 2012 Olympics.
Buy Urban Regeneration in the UK by Dr. Phil Jones from Australia's Online Independent Bookstore, Boomerang Books.
Format: Paperback / softback
(242mm x 170mm x mm)
SAGE Publications Ltd
Publisher: SAGE Publications Ltd
Country of Publication:
Book Reviews - Urban Regeneration in the UK by Dr. Phil Jones
» Have you read this book? We'd like to know what you think about it - write a review about Urban Regeneration in the UK book by Dr. Phil Jones and you'll earn 50c in Boomerang Bucks loyalty dollars (you must be a Boomerang Books Account Holder - it's free to sign up and there are great benefits!)
Author Biography - Dr. Phil Jones
Dr Phil Jones teaches BA Geography at the University of Birmingham. Professor James Evans is Senior Lecturer in Geography at the University of Manchester.