Description - Why Women Are Poorer Than Men and What We Can Do About It by Annabelle Williams
Money gives us freedom. It may not buy us happiness, but having it allows us to make choices...
The choice to live where you want. The choice to do what you love for work. The choice over how you spend your free time.
But what if you knew that you would earn less than your male counterparts for the rest of your life? Today, being a woman means that you will. Few of us ever talk about it, but great economic inequality still exists between men and women.
- There is no country in the world where women collectively earn as much as men.
- Globally only 34% of managerial positions are held by women.
- Only 1p in every e1 of venture capital funding goes to start-ups run by women.
- Research has even found that financial advisors encourage female clients into lower risk, and therefore lower return, investments in the belief that they can't handle the risk.
- In many countries tampons and sanitary pads are seen as taxable 'luxuries'.
- It has been found that women ask for pay rises at the same frequency as men, but are 25% less likely to be given them.
Annabelle Williams, formerly a financial journalist for The Times, uncovers the shocking realities of money in the modern world. Awareness is the first step to making change, which is why we all need to understand why women are poorer than men and what exactly we can do about it.
Buy Why Women Are Poorer Than Men and What We Can Do About It by Annabelle Williams from Australia's Online Independent Bookstore, Boomerang Books.
Format: Paperback / softback
(234mm x 153mm x 24mm)
Michael Joseph Ltd
Publisher: Penguin Books Ltd
Country of Publication:
Other Editions - Why Women Are Poorer Than Men and What We Can Do About It by Annabelle Williams
Book Reviews - Why Women Are Poorer Than Men and What We Can Do About It by Annabelle Williams
» Have you read this book? We'd like to know what you think about it - write a review about Why Women Are Poorer Than Men and What We Can Do About It book by Annabelle Williams and you'll earn 50c in Boomerang Bucks loyalty dollars (you must be a Boomerang Books Account Holder - it's free to sign up and there are great benefits!)
A Preview for this title is currently not available.